Thursday, March 05, 2009

The vest and what's to come

Now, the vest I posted about earlier. It's supposed to have buttons but I decided on hook-and-eye, though I did add a few fabric covered buttons for decoration. I just don't think I'm ready to tackle button holes! It's still not completely done-I will add more closures down the front-but I'm wearing it today so I thought I'd take pictures finally.
As I said in my earlier post, all the fabric is vintage from my Mamaw. The black is a double knit and the black and white is just a broadcloth/cotton print. I think it turned out great for my second-ever lined project! It is a little small but I like a fitted vest!





Next up are a few items for my DD, I've got some cute dress patterns and ideas. I think maybe a shirt dress from a tutorial I saw on threadbanger a while back. I should also finish the pillow case dress/tunic top for her to wear since the season is coming for that. Oh and I've seen lots of people post bag crafts, and I'm planning on making some shopping bags so I'll post that too, eventually.

No comments: